This series of columns is designed to familiarize CREIA members with “The Glossary Project” which is “Standardized Terminology for the Professional Real Estate Inspector”. This is a must have for all inspectors and is especially helpful in preparing the candidate for the CREIA CCI test as most of the terms in the test are defined in The Glossary Project. It is available from the CREIA On-Line Store.
- A ________________ is a long, horizontal member which connects uprights in a frame or supports a floor or the like, especially the side of a stair supporting the treads and risers.
- A valve that opens by lifting a round or rectangular gate out of the path of the fluid is a ____________ _______________.
- _________ ____________ is the moisture resistant paper which is applied under a final covering of roofs or walls to serve as a barrier against the weather.
- An ______________ ____________ is a panel or door for removing fireplace ashes from outside or a basement and for removing soot in the maintenance of chimneys.
- The underside of an architectural feature, as a beam, arch, ceiling or cornice is called a _______________.
- A ____________ __________ is a beam, at, near, or below grade, spanning between footings.
- ____________ ___________ roof covering is one or more layers of polymer modified asphalt sheets.
T10. The gas/liquid used in a refrigerator or air conditioner that absorbs and releases heat is called ______________________.
Scroll down to see the answers!
- GATE VALVE
- SHEATHING PAPER
- ASH PIT/ASH DUMP
- GRADE BEAM
- MODIFIED BITUMEN
- BATT INSULATION
|< Prev||Next >|