This series of columns is designed to familiarize CREIA members with "The Glossary Project" which is "Standardized Terminology for the Professional Real Estate Inspector". This is a must have for all inspectors and is especially helpful in preparing the candidate for the CREIA CCI test as most of the terms in the test are defined in The Glossary Project. It is available from the CREIA On-Line Store. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the answers.
- A wall that divides a space, for example, a wall built to make two rooms out of one is a ________________ ________________.
- A thin, pliable sheet of any natural or artificial material is a _________.
- ____________ __________ is a mixture of asphalt and crushed stone gravel or sand, used for paving.
- ________ __________ are metal roofing panels that are fastened with interlocking seams that fold over at right angles to the plane of the panels.
- Any tools or devices other than those normally used by an inspector to perform a typical and customary non-invasive physical examination of the systems, structures, and components of a building including, but not limited to; levels, probes, meters, video or audio devices and measuring devices as per CREIA SOP are _____________ ______________.
- A ____________ is a protective railing, as on a staircase or along a balcony.
- The primary subject of the inspection designed and erected for the purpose of human occupancy or use is a __________________.
- The water supply pipe for public use is a __________ __________.
- A ____________ ____________ is that portion of the drain pipe extending laterally from a soil or waste stack or building drain that receives the discharge from one or more fixture drains.
- An ___________ increases the size of the envelope of a structure.
Scroll down for answers.
- PARTITION WALL
- BLACK TOP or ASPHALT PAVING
- STANDING SEAM
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
- WATER MAIN
- HORIZONTAL BRANCH
|< Prev||Next >|