This series of columns is designed to familiarize CREIA members with “The Glossary Project” which is “Standardized Terminology for the Professional Real Estate Inspector”. This is a must have for all inspectors and is especially helpful in preparing the candidate for the CREIA CCI test as most of the terms in the test are defined in The Glossary Project. It is available from the CREIA On-Line Store.
1. _____________ installation instructions are the printed instructions included with equipment as part of the conditions of listing and labeling
2. To finish a wall by sealing the facing joints between the bricks or stones (pointing) with a thin line of putty or very fine lime-based mortar is called ________________.
3. The _______-_______ ___________ is the edge of the receptor or fixture from which water overflows.
4. Air which has been heated, cooled, humidified, dehumidified, cleaned or otherwise treated is ____________ _______________.
5. A fuse or circuit breaker which will allow any current in excess of the rated current of the equipment or the ampacity of a conductor is ____________.
6. A ________________ is an electrical device that raises or lowers voltage in a circuit.
7. Systems or components capable of being safely operated are ________________.
8. A _____________ _____________ is a toilet.
9. A flat metal plate fastened to a doorjamb that receives a lockset's latch or bolt to keep a door closed is the _____________ ______________.
10. A device that opens or closes or directs to control the amount of air flowing through a heating duct, exhaust vent, flue or chimney is called the ___________________.
- FLOOD‑LEVEL RIM
- CONDITIONED AIR
- WATER CLOSET
- STRIKE PLATE