CREIA Technical Information Exchange Guidelines
Click here to enter the TIE: You will need your username and password if you are not already logged in.
Purpose and Intent
CREIA’s private technical information exchange is a membership privilege. Education of its participants is the primary purpose by providing open discussion of real estate inspection procedures and of members’ responsibilities. The section “General Discussion Forum” and its content is not necessarily technical in nature. The remainder of the sections are intended to be educational in the technical aspects of real estate inspections and provide an archival collection of searchable data essentially free of extraneous content. Members should limit the content of their posts in these sections with this in mind and refrain from drifting from the topic of the original post.
Rules of Usage
- Conduct towards others: You may post a supporting or contrary opinion at any time, but, be respectful and do not criticize, degrade, or threaten others. The CREIA Code of Ethics applies to technical information exchange conduct.
- Advertising: Do not post commercial messages. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing, selling, or soliciting products or services. However, members may post technical information from a vendor or post a link to a website where additional inspection related information, services, or products are offered.
- Prices: Do not post any information regarding prices for services or information concerning market shares, sales territories, profit margins, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale or the selection or rejection of customers.
- Intellectual property: Do not post any information or material protected by copyright, or use any words, logos, or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners.
- CREIA Policies: The technical information exchange may not be used for discussing CREIA policies other than questions seeking the opinion of other inspectors as to the meaning or application of current policy. The Board of Directors, CREIA’s Executive Director, or CREIA staff do not respond to inquiries posted on this technical information exchange. Contact your Regional Director or CREIA headquarters as needed.
- Privacy: Do not post any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy, or personal rights of others. Be aware that anything you post can be copied, pasted, and spread to the world.
- For legal use only: Do not post any illegal information or material or utilize the technical information exchange in any illegal manner. State law prohibits anticompetitive practices. No express agreement or understanding is required; an agreement can be inferred from statements or conduct. Antitrust laws generally prohibit any agreement or understanding inconsistent with the right and obligation of competitors to exercise independent business judgment in pricing their products or services, dealing with their customers and suppliers, and selecting the markets in which to compete.
- Hold harmless: By using this technical information exchange each member agrees to abide by these rules and further agrees to hold CREIA and any and all of its board members, officers, employees, or other representatives harmless from any liability for damages arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this technical information exchange.
Legal Notice and Disclaimer
- The CREIA Technical Information Exchange and all CREIA activities are services provided by CREIA in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax-exempt purposes.
- CREIA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information on the technical information exchange whether posted by CREIA or others. CREIA does not represent or warrant that information posted is accurate, complete, or current. CREIA disclaims all express warranties included in any materials or information, and further disclaims all implied warranties, including warranties of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. The use of information on this site is strictly voluntary and at the user’s sole risk. In no event shall CREIA be liable for damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of any information posted on this site.
- By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material, has received permission from the copyright owner, or that the material is in the public domain. The posting party further warrants and represents that it otherwise has the full and unencumbered right to post such material and that such posting will not infringe on the rights or interests of others. In addition, the posting party grants to CREIA and users of this technical information exchange, a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or material in any manner, without payment to or further permission from the posting party.
- CREIA reserves the right to take editorial control of postings and may alter or remove any post without notice or permission from the posting party or suspend or terminate technical information exchange privileges of any member who does not abide by these rules.